The Florida National High Adventure Sea Base offers aquatics adventures found nowhere else! If you're
interested in sailing, scuba diving, camping on a barrier reef, or
fishing, then this is the place for you.
Base is physically located on two sites in the Florida Keys (and the
Bahamas!) but all the action happens out in boats, or on an undeveloped
island where camping adventures take place.
Check Out All the Exciting Adventures
The Florida Sea Base has 11 exciting adventures that your unit can
participate in. They're offered year round so you can attend Sea Base
in the summer, winter or spring seasons!
- Bahamas Tall Ship Adventure: Fly directly to the Bahamas and sail
in the Sea of Abaco with 18-20 people on a working tall ship (everyone
has a job, all the time).
- Sea Exploring (Keys Tall Ship): Sail through the Florida Keys on a 75 foot tall ship with 18-20 people.
- Coral Reef Sailing: Live on a 50 foot yacht as you sail through the Florida Keys, fishing and snorkeling along the way.
- Eco Adventure: Live on a sail boat as you learn all about the unique eco-system of the Florida Keys for a week.
- Sea Base Saint Thomas: Experience the tradewinds of the Virgin Islands! A new adventure for Sea Base starting in 2016.
- Bahamas Adventure: Live on Abaco Island as you explore the bahamas by sailing, snorkeling, kaying, and hiking.
- Out Island Adventure: Kayak out to and camp on Big Munson Island
(a private, undeveloped 100+ acre island). You'll get to snorkel in a
pristine coral reef, and test your survival skills!
- Florida Fishing Adventure: The Brinton Center will be your base
for the week as you fish all over the Florida Keys. You will get to try
fishing in several different unique eco-systems.
- Florida Keys Adventure Program: This program offers a little of
everything-observing night wildlife, sailing day trips, fishing,
kayaking, snorkeling and a day trip to the unique town of Key West.
- Scuba Certification: Learn to Scuba in warm water! You'll be
trained by certified dive masters in training tanks at Sea Base and
participate in 5 open water dives.
- Scuba Adventure: For certified divers, explore all the Keys
eco-system has to offer through 11 open water dives. You'll see various
reefs and even get to night dive.
- Scuba Live Aboard Adventure: If you are already certified to
scuba dive, spend the week sailing AND scuba diving throughout the
How Do I Sign Up for Sea Base?
The Florida Sea Base is a National High Adventure Base, and handles
its own registration process separate from our council camps. If you
want to plan a trip to Sea Base, you need to start 2 years
ahead of time.
More information about Sea Base Programs and registration procedures can be found at the Sea Base website.