We believe every youth should have the opportunity to experience the excitement of camping, and want to provide the opportunity for registered youth to go to our summer and winter camps. The goal of camperships is to ensure that any youth with financial difficulties is not denied the opportunity to attend our camping program. Camperships are reserved to assist youth in attending camp. When dollars are available, parents needing assistance will be considered under special circumstances. When completing the campership request form, please give as much information as possible to assist us in granting the appropriate amount.
NOTE: A campership request is not your camp reservation, reservations are made through other avenues.
Many of our campership funding sources ask for verification of "need" on the part of the youth. Your help in following the guidelines and completing the form with as much information as possible is greatly appreciated. These guidelines are to help us reach the greatest number of youth possible with the funds available.
All youth who receive camperships will be required to provide part of the fee. Camperships may be granted for up to half of the camp fee depending upon funds available. High Adventure requests will not exceed $250.00 campership. Please submit a separate campership form for each camp and/or youth. All camperships will be confirmed by letter/email to the unit leader/parent listed on the form.
- Unit/Scout should participate in Family Friends of Scouting and/or Popcorn Sale.
- Forms must be signed by a unit leader and parent.
- Winter camp forms should be submitted before January 1 to receive priority
- Summer camp forms should be submitted before June 1 to receive priority
- Camperships will be given for a maximum of 50% of the camp fee. (Fees can be found on www.northernstarbsa.org/camping)
- The youth should earn their way by providing a portion of the fee (personally, product sales, etc.).
Applications should be submitted before January 1 for Winter Camps; June 1 for Summer Camps and up to 30 days prior any High Adventure Trip. Camperships will be available on a first come, first received basis and/or until funds are depleted. DO NOT wait until January 1 or June 1 to submit.